As a clinical teacher in our Family Medicine Residency Program, you are eligible to apply for an academic rank with uOttawa. The entry point to the faculty is at the “Lecturer” rank. This is appropriate for those who anticipate teaching/supervising either undergraduate or postgraduate trainees with lesser involvement in other academic activities.
If you plan on taking on a larger role in the department, it is recommended to enter at the level of Assistant Professor. At this level, you will meet with the Chair to define your role within the department with the assumption of greater involvement than a Lecturer. In order to comply with current accreditation standards, all regular teachers must apply for a faculty appointment.
As a part of the faculty, you will have access to faculty benefits listed below:
- All faculty members are entitled to a Univeristy of Ottawa identification card and may obtain this card through the University's Human Resources office at Tabaret Hall. For more information, call 613-562-5832 or send an email to infohr@uOttawa.ca
- With your ID card faculty members are able to save on a number of goods and services detailed on the following website. http://www.hr.uottawa.ca/privileges Please note that you must have your employee number and password in order to log in and receive these benefits.
- The Computer Services (Medtech) buys IBM products exclusively. There is the possibility of buying hardware through the University at discounted prices.
- There is limited software available free to Faculty members. Currently, antiviral software is free.
- Faculty members are entitled to discounts on the various membership packages available for the sports facilities at uOttawa.
- The Health Science Library has an excellent electronic library access.